Hey students! Welcome to my blog, “Food is my Classroom.” Today we’re here in Atlanta, Ga. for a late lunch of some vegan burgers at Slutty Vegan ATL on Ralph David Abernathy Blvd. Slutty Vegan ATL is a new & trending black-owned restaurant owned by Pinky Cole.
Update! Ms. Cole recently announced plans for a second location in Jonesboro, GA and a third location in the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood of Atlanta. The restaurant is also slated to begin filming a reality television show and is now entering the world of franchising!
So, follow me into the classroom and let’s get slutty!
⭐ Classroom: Slutty Vegan ATL, 1542 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd SW,
Atlanta, Georgia 30310
⭐ Classroom: Slutty Vegan ATL,
⭐ The Lesson Plan [Full Review of Experience]
⭐ Materials Needed:
- Patience: the lines are loooong
- Extra Cash or Cash App: for the street vendors that sell water and cocktail to those standing in line.
- Comfortable shoes: there is NO place to sit.
- Shades: to block the sun because depending on the time of day, the sun is directly in your face.
- Prior Knowledge: it is best to know which burger you want already. Those listed on the board at the door only show a few choices, not the entire menu online.
- One Night Stand Burger: The burger was a major let down. It was a bit overcooked, and they use bagged chopped lettuce, which is disrespectful to a burger. It had a weird taste to it. I prefer whole leaf lettuce! The vegan bacon on the burger was to die for though.
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pie: This vegan pie really shocked me! The filling was so tasty with a flaky pie crust. It tasted no different than any other sweet potato pie.
⭐ The Glows [Pros]
- The line moved relatively fast once your order is placed and you step foot inside.
- The “server”, Miesha H, was super friendly and helpful with making suggestions to newcomers.
- The workers were hype, and having a good time! This made your experience pleasant.
- The sweet potato pie was very DELICIOUS!
- The place is frequented by college kids, tourists, and locals.
⭐ The Grows [Cons]
- They need a 2nd location that has seating.
- They need fans in the summer. It was hotter inside than outside and very smokey. (And, heat lamps for the winter coming too.)
- They limit the number of meals you can buy to two.
- They don’t open before 4 pm.
- They only sell Pelligrino for $2 and regular water for $1. No other drinks are available.
- The burgers and dessert are considerably overpriced, but not overbearing.
- They should switch to whole leaf lettuce on the burgers.
⭐ Evaluation: [The Score]
⭐ Feedback [Comment & Share]
📸 and 📽 Adriena Long
⭐ Teacher’s Notes✏:
Being called a “Virgin” is celebrated & means that it is your 1st time at the restaurant.
For more information, check out Slutty Vegan ATL online at http://www.sluttyveganatl.com
© 2019 Adriena Long, All rights reserved